Athletic Operations & Facilities Graduate Assistants
Position Title: Athletic Operations & Facilities Graduate Assistants
Position Requirements and Preferences:
- Education Bachelor’s Degree required Must be Accepted into a WPU Graduate Program
- Experience Background in Recreation & Administration Has a Desire to Pursue a Career in College Athletics
- Demonstrated talent in building cohesive teams
- Independent decision making and ability to exercise good judgment
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to complete assigned tasks and meeting deadlines
- Organizational skills, time management, relationship building, and problem-solving skills essential
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and weekends
William Penn University strives to create a vibrant learning community for all of its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To help foster that community, Graduate Assistants will lead by example and develop others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
WPU seeks a highly motivated and eager graduate assistant to begin in August of 2021. As a graduate assistant you will gain hands-on experience with many, if not all WPU sponsored sports. This position will be in both a game-day manager role for varsity sports and administrator role for varsity reserve sports through a variety of tasks and projects. Along with game-day management, this position will include being a facility manager for our Penn Activity Center. Upon positive evaluation, this position is eligible to be extended to a second year.
- Assist in various aspects of administration including, organizing set-up and tear-down for all events, as well as provide supervision of special events.
- Serve as the game-day manager for select sports and sporting events. Responsible for planning event, setting up, tearing down, communicating with visiting teams and officials, and aiding in game-day promotions.
- Manage small scale facility projects and maintenance.
- Supervise and hire all work study employees.
- Coordinate all work study scheduling for gameday.
- Serve on appointed or approved committees.
- Assist in promoting and executing gameday promotions.
- Develop programming to enhance the fan experience.
- Assist with marketing and branding of athletic department.
- Assist with marketing and sales of WPU Team Apparel Store.
- Creating a safe, clean and enjoyable environment for all students and visitors.
- Fulfill all obligations with scheduled hours while also being flexible in special circumstances.
- Aid and communicate with the Sodexo Support Staff with facility management.
- Coordinate with Athletic Communication on gameday procedures and plans.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Be a positive role model for students and monitor discipline procedures.
- Monitor attendance and performance of student staff as directed.
- Assist with inventory and assessment of equipment and apparel.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times.
- Follow the Chain of Command.
- All Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Director of Penn Activity Center and Recreation Centers
Start Date: June 1, 2021
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Full-Time/Part-time/Temp: Temporary (minimum 2 year program)
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Email your cover letter and resume to:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577 Email: email@example.com
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.