Athletic Operations and Facilities Graduate Assistant
Position Title: Athletic Operations and Facilities Graduate Assistant
Position Requirements and Preferences:
- Education Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience Background in athletics & personnel
- Demonstrated talent in building cohesive teams
- Independent decision making and ability to exercise good judgment
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to complete assigned tasks and meeting deadlines
- Organizational skills, time management, relationship building, and communication skills essential
- Willing to work long hours.
- Assign work study help for home games as designated by the AD or designee. (mainly fan experience and apparel store)
- Monitor and stay within the parameters of the athletic department budget.
- Monitor work study timecards to assure accuracy.
- Attend all home games.
- Attend Athletic Department meetings.
- Oversee the gameday management, setup, gameday packet for assigned sports.
- Serve as the on-site administrator for varsity reserve and junior varsity games for assigned sports.
- Coordinate the scheduling of work study for gameday.
- Supervise the Athletic Operations work study and interns.
- Serve on appointed or approved committees by the Director of Athletics and Student Life.
- Coordinate special department events when necessary.
- Facilitate work order for the department through WPU Sodexo facilities
- Monitor operation of front athletic office, including the printer and distribution of mail
- Assist in planning special events.
- Assist in planning executing promotions at all games.
- Game management for sports not on list
- Coordinate distribution of MCRF data for usage at Statesmen Community Stadium.
- Serve as a liaison to other departments on campus when directed.
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics and Student Life.
- Work to enhance our Game day Operations
- Develop programming for our initiative to enhance fan experience/interaction
- Be a positive role model for athletes and workers.
- Be an ambassador for William Penn with visiting teams and officials.
- Assist with Marketing/Branding for Athletic Department.
- Be loyal and supportive of the Staff, Faculty and Administration.
- Always follow the Chain of Command.
- Follow all University policies and procedures.
- All Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Reports to: Director of Athletics
Start Date: June 1, 2021
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Full-Time/Part-time/Temp: Graduate Assistant Position – minimum of 2 years
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send cover letter and resume electronically:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577 Email: email@example.com
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.