Athletic Communications Graduate Assistant
Position Title: Athletics Communications Graduate Assistant
Position Requirements and Preferences:
- Education Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience Strong understanding of Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite software preferred
- Independent decision making and ability to exercise good judgment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to complete assigned tasks and meeting deadlines
- Organizational skills, time management, relationship building, and communication skills essential
- Willing to work long hours, including nights and weekends
William Penn University strives to create a vibrant learning community for all of its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To help foster that community, Graduate Assistants will lead by example and develop others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
- Primary contact for at least three sports (one in each season)
- Writing game recaps, season previews, feature stories, general releases, etc.
- Updating social media accounts
- Graphic designing of a variety of items, such as infographics, posters, schedule cards, etc.
- Keeping stats at home games
- Public-Address Announcing at home games
- Streaming of events (home and away), including play-by-play announcing, operating Production Truck software
- Updating the athletics website
- Photography at times
- Varied office work, including updating records/archives
- Assisting with the supervision of other athletic/university events as needed by the administration.
- All Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Assistant Athletic Director for Communications
Start Date: June 1, 2021
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Full-Time/Part-time/Temp: Temporary (minimum 2 year program)
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send cover letter and resume electronically:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577 Email: email@example.com
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.