Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach
Position Title: Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach
Department: Athletic Department
Position Requirements and Preferences:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience: Coaching experience required. Collegiate coaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated talent in building cohesive teams
- Independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgment, and use of critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent interruptions, hectic pace, and interaction with students, staff, alumni, and the public
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to complete assigned tasks and meeting deadlines
- Organizational skills, time management, relationship building, and communication skills essential
- Ability to recruit quality student-athletes and retain them.
- Willing to work long hours.
William Penn University strives to create a vibrant learning community for all its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To help foster that community, a Coach will lead by example and develop others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
- Assist to administer your program to be in total compliance with William Penn, NAIA and Conference regulations and policies.
- Monitor and submit all required documentation to the Compliance Officer and NAIA to assure eligibility for student-athletes.
- Maintain the scholarship average designated by the University for all student-athletes in your program with direction from the head coach.
- Coordinate and oversee an ethical process for recruiting and retaining student-athletes for your program. Each program is required to maintain FTE numbers as established by the University.
- Attend all athletic department meetings.
- Coordinate all team travel plans with the head coach and Transportation Director in a timely manner
- Assist the SID with news releases, media guides and other team related materials
- Be a positive role model for your team and monitor discipline guidelines with your team.
- Assist with an updated annual inventory of equipment, uniforms and supplies.
- Monitor attendance and academic performance of your team members.
- Consistently communicate with Admissions with your recruiting information.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner and display good sportsmanship at all times
- Work with the Champions of Character Representative to assure that your program is fulfilling NAIA guidelines.
- Cooperate and communicate with the Athletic Training Staff.
- Be loyal and supportive with the Athletic Department staff, Administration and Faculty.
- Assist with supervision of other home activities as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned by the Head Coach and Athletic Director.
Reports to: Women’s Head Basketball Coach
Start Date: June 1, 2021
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Full-Time/Part-time/Temp: Full – Time
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send cover letter and resume electronically :
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577 Email: email@example.com
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.