Date: December 1, 2021
Position Title: Alumni Director
Position Requirements and Preferences
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required
Experience: Administrative duties; customer service etiquette
- Office management / coordination abilities
- Independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgement, accuracy, flexibility, and well developed critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent interruptions, hectic pace, high level of interaction with students, staff, and / or the public
- Working knowledge of computer software programs which may include Word, Excel, institutional mainframe computer system software, or similar programs
- Excellent written communication skills including proficiency in business English, grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion
- Ability to work independently as well as be a collaborative team player in completing assigned tasks and meeting deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills including phone and in-person reception etiquette
- Proficiency with office machines including fax, scanner, and copy machine
Reporting to the View President for Advancement; this position is responsible for developing the relationships with alumni of William Penn University and for the coordination for the Alumni Association. Establish contact with alumni, parents, and students through travel, events, activities, and long-term projects that purposefully engage and involve constituents, building relationships towards advancement initiatives and campaign activity.
- Provide an education with a Leadership and Technology focus, and enliven thatprovision through adherence to the Quaker principles of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
- Represents the College in a positive manner with prospective, current, and former students, employees, and the community.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, self-motivation, and a positive attitude in meeting and dealing effectively and courteously with students, other personnel, and all members of the community.
- Interprets departmental and/or college policies and procedures.
- Works harmoniously with others.
- Performs in a manner which benefits student learning.
- Increase visibility of WPU through alumni activities
- Compose monthly feature story articles to increase visibility and promote success of WPU alumni
- Personal visits (15 face to face contacts per month)
- Maintain alumni records in CAMS system
- Organize annual alumni association meeting
- Assist/Coordinate alumni association board/council meetings
- Develop Senior Project
- Organize Blue & Gold Ceremony at Commencement
- Organize Homecoming activities for alumni – reunions, authors & artists, Recognition Banquet
- Coordinate Hall of Fame and Athletic Hall of Fame nominations
- Develop/Organize/Coordinate monthly alumni events/activities
- Represents the University to alumni through social media in a professional manner
- Lead in coordination of regional special events for Alumni
- Assist with special events coordination within the Advancement Office
- Develops and promotes campus activities for enrollment growth and revenue generation
Reports to: Vice President of Advancement
Start Date: Immediately
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Resume and Cover Letter sent to:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Ave
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.