Admissions Office Graduate Assistant
Date: April 20, 2022
Position: Admissions Office Graduate Assistant
Reports To: Director of Admissions
Supervises: Assigned Work-Study Employees
WPU strives to create a vibrant learning community for all of its members, including students, staff, and faculty. To help foster that community, Graduate Assistants will lead by example and help others’ leadership capabilities, employ relevant technologies, and actively demonstrate the Quaker virtues of simplicity, peace-making, integrity, community, and equality.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Background in administrative work
- Independent decision making and ability to exercise good judgement
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to complete assigned tasks and meeting deadlines
- Organizational skills, time management, relationship building, and communication skills essential
- Work a minimum of 30 hours per week.
- Work with admissions counselors, professors, coaches/sponsors to make prospective students’ campus visits positive.
- Creating a safe, clean and enjoyable environment for all students and visitors.
- Assist with coordination of campus visit days for prospective freshmen and transfer students
- Assist with coordination of campus visit days for prospective students in certain academic programs or extracurricular activities (i.e. Nursing Day or Football Recruitment Day)
- Create and update student records in database
- Create, update and process daily mailings to prospective students with corresponding promotional materials
- Monitor inventory of promotional materials; make recommendations for reordering
- Represents the University in a positive manner with prospective, current, and former students, employees, and the community.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, self-motivation, and a positive attitude in meeting and dealing effectively and courteously with students, other personnel, and all members of the community.
- Works harmoniously with others.
- Arrange on-campus accommodations for prospective students
- Be a positive role model for students.
- Assist with inventory and assessment of equipment.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times.
- All Other duties as assigned.
Evaluation: Performance will be the responsibility of the Director of Admissions
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.