School Age Associate – Federal Work Study
Position Title: School Age Associate
Department: School Age Childcare
Number of Vacancies: 2
Oskaloosa Elementary School
1801 Orchard Ave
Oskaloosa, IA 52577
Purpose of Position: Supervise a group of elementary aged students during our afterschool program
Description of Duties & Responsibilities:
Assists in operating an appropriately safe, caring, and enriching environment for children enrolled in the Mahaska County YMCA Before or After School Programs. Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring. The School Age Associate is accountable for complying with Iowa Department of Human Service licensing standards and Mahaska County YMCA policies and procedures.
- Work with Site Supervisor and School Age Director to develop plans for activities.
- Assist with preparations for daily activities.
- Supervises the children, classroom, and activities.
- Interact appropriately with the children, involving them in structured, age appropriate activities, operating with the best interest of the child in mind.
- Follow and enforce program and organization policies as well as licensing standards
- Assists Site Supervisor in maintaining required program records and data entry for curriculum,
food program point of service, attendance, etc. requested including monthly drills and follows
emergency procedures when necessary.
- Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training
- Works collaboratively and effectively with all YMCA staff to ensure an exemplary classroom
and workplace environment.
- Serve as role model to all.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 17 years old, have some direct childcare experience and basic knowledge of
children and child development.
- Must submit to background check, have an up to date physical and TB test, CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse Mandatory Reporter training within 30 days of hire date and participate in new staff orientation process.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Previous experience working with diverse populations.
- Promotes the Y mission and core values in their behavior and in the development of children’s programs
Work Schedule (Days & Times):
Program runs from school dismissal until 6pm each weekday. Typically shifts are 3-6pm
Hourly Wage: $10.00
Employment Start Date: 08/22/2022
Employment End Date: 04/28/2023
Job Supervisor & Contact: