Phonathon Caller – Federal Work Study
Position Title: Phonathon Caller
Department: Office of Advancement
Number of Vacancies: 3
Work Location: Penn Hall 213
Purpose of Position: Contacting constituents regarding donations, provide them with information and confirming their contact information is accurate.
Description of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Call alumni, parents and vendors/friends of William Penn and ask for their financial support of the Annual Fund.
- Respond to questions and/or problems brought up by alumni and parents of students of the University.
- Establish a positive relationship with the people with whom you speak by sharing news, stories, and your experience at William Penn.
- Have an upbeat approach to your call. Share your love of William Penn and allow the recipient of your call to remember the experience they had.
- Encourage participation at William Penn events such as sports, socials, theater, etc. Let them see first-hand what/who the money they give to William Penn supports.
- Correct/update our records. Ask for any new phone numbers or address information if the constituent has moved. Often the constituent information we have is from the time of graduation.…this could be the home of the constituent’s parents, so don’t be afraid to probe for a new phone number. We also love to hear about the professional and personal success of our alumni!
- The information provided to you on constituent pledge forms is the property of William Penn University.
- Pledge forms may not be removed from the phonathon area.
- Information on the pledge form, including name, phone number, address, past gift frequency and amounts are not to be shared with anyone outside of the phonathon area. This is personal and confidential information.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND INTEGRITY ARE OF THE UPMOST IMPORTANCE! VIOLATION OF THE ABOVE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. ANYONE FOUND IN VIOLATION MAY BE DISMISSED FROM THE PHONEATHON IMMEDIATELY AND WILL BE DEEMED “NON-HIRABLE” IN THE FUTURE!
Required Qualifications: Must have good telephone and customer service skills.
Work Schedule (Days & Times): Phone calling will take place over a 2-3 week period. Schedules will be discussed with the supervisor.
Hourly Wage: $10.00
Employment Start Date: 10/17/2022
Employment End Date: 11/12/2023
Job Supervisor & Contact: