Media Lab Monitor – Federal Work Study
Position Title: Media Lab Monitor
Department: Division of New Media
Number of Vacancies: 3
Work Location: MTC 111
Purpose of Position: Maintain the safety & integrity of the Media Lab during open lab times while assisting with various projects
Description of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Hold manageable and predictable lab hours regularly (You’d be deciding this with New Media faculty and staff upon hire).
- Understand all safety requirements and precautions of the Media Lab space.
- Ensure that lab users are operating equipment safely.
- Stay in the lab on occasions that the laser cutter is in active use (this cannot be left unattended while it is completing a job).
- Assist with lab equipment and troubleshoot if problems arise.
- Help with commissions that the Media Lab may receive via faculty/staff.
- Prior experience with 3d printers, laser cutters, photo printing, vinyl cutting, heat press, dye sublimation, and other related technologies preferred.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud software preferred.
- Must be able to safely lift 50 lbs.
Work Schedule (Days & Times): The times and days for this position may vary. Upon agreement to hire, faculty and staff will discuss set lab hours with the two hired monitors.
Hourly Wage: $10.00
Employment Start Date: 08/30/2022
Employment End Date: 04/28/2023
Job Supervisor & Contact: