Nursing Division Lab Assistant – Federal Work Study
Position Title: Lab Assistant
Department: Division of Nursing
Number of Vacancies: 1
Work Location: PAC 304
Purpose of Position: This position supports the Lab Coordinator with maintaining a clean, well-stocked labs.
Description of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work study student will be required to clean the lab, that means floors, beds, tables, counter tops, and storeroom.
- The lab assistant will be required from time to time to do an inventory of supplies, some data-entry, laundry, and some lifting.
- The lab assistant will be responsible for folding laundry and putting it away.
- The lab assistant will help maintain a quality level of cleanliness.
- Must have some background in biology or science.
- Must be dependable and have the desire to work with a supervisor and unsupervised.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft programs.
- Must maintain a 2.75 cumulative GPA while working for nursing.
Work Schedule (Days & Times):
- The schedule will be based on their classes and sports schedule and the clinical coordinator, and the student lab assistant will develop the work schedule.
Hourly Wage: $10.00
Employment Start Date: 08/23/2023
Employment End Date: 04/27/2024
Application for Employment
Job Supervisor & Contact:
Susan Van Wyk