Evening Child Watch – Federal Work Study
Position Title: Evening Child Watch
Department: Child Watch
Number of Vacancies: 2
Mahaska County YMCA
414 N 3rd St
Oskaloosa, IA 52577
Purpose of Position:
- Monitor children
- Play games
- Plan & complete crafts
Description of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists in providing a quality environment in Child Watch, taking into consideration the needs of each child and the goals and objectives of the YMCA.
- Be responsible for the safety of the children at all times and to carry out emergency procedures when necessary.
- Attends all staff meetings and in-service trainings under the direction of the Director.
- Adheres to and maintains the cleaning schedule.
- Continually interacts with the children, when in room and parents as they enter and leave the Child Watch area (includes greeting parents immediately upon their arrival)
- Puts safety first in all activities by using developmentally appropriate activities at all times.
- Professionally handles any conflict or emergency situations that may arise with members or staff.
- Provides positive interaction with children, parents and staff using the core values as guidelines.
- Monitors usage of the sign in/sign out sheets, ensuring all parents are signing in and out properly.
- Shows flexibility in working where needed as numbers of children fluctuate.
- Reports all concerns or problems to Supervisor, not other employees.
- Anything deemed necessary by the Supervisor/Director in regards to the
Required Qualifications: Must pass background check
Work Schedule (Days & Times):
- Monday – Thursday | 4pm – 8pm
- Must stay within allotted hours of work study
Hourly Wage: $10.00
Employment Start Date: 09/01/2022
Employment End Date: 04/28/2023
Application for Employment
Job Supervisor & Contact: