Adjunct Instructors for English or Composition
Position Title: Adjunct Instructors for English or Composition
Position Requirements and Preferences:
Master’s Degree in English or Composition Studies, or a Master’s Degree and at least eighteen graduate credit hours in English or Composition Studies.
The Humanities Division at William Penn University seeks adjunct instructors of English or Composition for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Works productively and skillfully to promote student learning and progress toward graduation. Develops positive, encouraging, and interactive relationships with students in and out of the classroom
- Inspires students to learn, persevere, and succeed.
- Employs effective classroom management strategies and learning theories.
- Plans and prepares class activities, discussions, projects, and other learning opportunities.
- Grades and returns student work in a timely manner. Maintains grades for students to review using the university systems (LMS).
- Maintains accurate and timely records including attendance, advisee meetings and communications, etc. Maintains current advising folders and records. Communicates concerns regarding student progress to advisors, coaches, administration, etc.
- Represents the University in a positive manner with prospective, current, and former students, colleagues, and the community. Works effectively with students, colleagues, and the Oskaloosa community.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, self-motivation, and positive attitudes.
- Follows division and college policies and procedures.
- Works harmoniously and cooperatively with others.
Reports to: Humanities Division Chair
Start Date: August 2021
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send cover letter and resume electronically to:
William Penn University
Attn: Christy Boston
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.