Adjunct Instructors for Communication (Speech)
Position Title: Adjunct Instructor for Communication
Position Requirements and Preferences:
Master’s Degree in Communication or related field, or a Master’s Degree and at least eighteen graduate credit hours in Communication.
The Humanities Division at William Penn University seeks adjunct instructors to teach speech (public speaking, business speech, interpersonal communication) for the 2021-2022 academic year.
The successful applicant will:
- Work productively and skillfully to promote student learning and progress toward graduation. Develop positive, encouraging, and interactive relationships with students in and out of the classroom
- Inspire students to learn, persevere, and succeed.
- Employ effective classroom management strategies and learning theories.
- Plan and prepare class activities, discussions, projects, and other learning opportunities.
- Grade and returns student work in a timely manner. Maintain grades for students to review using the university systems.
- Maintain accurate and timely records including attendance. Communicate concerns regarding student progress to advisors, coaches, administration, etc.
- Represent the University in a positive manner with prospective, current, and former students, colleagues, and the community. Work effectively with students, colleagues, and the Oskaloosa community.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, self-motivation, and positive attitudes.
- Follow division and college policies and procedures.
- Work harmoniously and cooperatively with others.
Reports to: Humanities Division Chair
Start Date: August 2021
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send cover letter and resume electronically to:
William Penn University
Attn: Christy Boston
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.