Adjunct for Environmental Biology
Position Title: Adjunct for Environmental Biology
Department: Health & Life Sciences
Position Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Master’s required. PhD in discipline of appointment or related field preferred; (Alternative credentials with sufficient experience also considered).
- Three years education and/or experience demonstrating the knowledge, skills and abilities specified in this job description, preferred.
- Office management/coordination abilities
- Independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgment, accuracy, flexibility and well developed critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent, interruptions, hectic pace, high level of interaction with students, staff and/or the public
- Working knowledge of computer software programs which may include Microsoft Office programs, learning-management programs, or other institutional software
- Excellent written communication skills including proficiency in business English, grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in completing assigned tasks and meeting deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills including phone and in-person reception etiquette
- Proficiency with office machines including fax, scanner and copy machine
- Ability to travel and to work occasional evening and weekend hours
- Is an effective TEAM player
Teaching and Advising:
- Works productively and skillfully to promote student learning and progress toward graduation. Develops positive, encouraging, and interactive relationships with students in and out of the classroom.
- Inspires students to learn, persevere, and succeed
- Employs effective classroom management strategies and learning theories
- Plans and prepares class activities, discussions, projects, and other learning opportunities
- Grades and returns student work in a timely manner. Maintains grades for students to review using the university systems (LMS).
- Maintains accurate and timely records including attendance, advisee meetings and communications, etc. Communicates concerns regarding student progress to advisors, coaches, administration, etc.
- Creates syllabi that clearly state course policies in harmony with university policies. Uses university template for syllabi.
- Holds final exams during university-assigned exam periods for each course
- Respects student potential and the mission of the university.
Reports to: Health and Life Sciences Division Chair
Start Date: August 2020
Replacement or New Position: Replacement
Full-Time/Part-time/Temp: Part time
Closing Date of Posting: Until Filled
Application Sent to: Send letter of application and resume:
William Penn University
201 Trueblood Avenue
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Terms of Employment: At will employee
William Penn University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.