Students are encouraged, but not required, to participate in religious life programming. Programming sponsored by Campus Ministries is Christian in orientation and interdenominational in nature. Campus Ministry assists students to explore questions of faith in a nurturing environment and discover spiritual resources to face life's challenges.
For more information on how you can get involved with Campus Ministry, please contact Spencer Thury, Campus Minister at 641-673-1088 or email@example.com.
Religious Leadership Award
The purpose of the Religious Leadership Award is to involve William Penn students in primarily on-campus ministry. Developing individuals as student leaders, achieving personal spiritual growth and assisting others in their spiritual search are the goals of the award. The value of the RLA award is up to $10,000 per year depending upon financial need. Each student receiving the RLA award is reviewed near the end of each semester. Failure to meet these requirements may lead to a reduction or revocation of the award for the next semester.
Recipients of the RLA award are expected to:
- Be consistent in their involvement of either their home church or a church in the Oskaloosa area while attending school
- Be involved in a campus spiritual life activity on a consistent basis through Chapel, Restoration, and weekly life groups in residence halls
- Be willing to be held accountable for ministry efforts by submitting a brief monthly report to the Campus Ministry office
- InterVarsity Tuesdays, 9:00 pm Chief Mahaska Room, Union
- Chapel Service Thursdays, 11:10–11:45 am Chief Mahaska Room, Union
- Athlete Bible Study Thursdays, 8:00 pm PAC Atrium (second floor)
Activities throughout the school year may include: attending area Christian concerts, speaking engagements at area churches, visiting local churches, attending movies with positive themes in theatres, extra weekend campus ministry retreats, and international campus ministry groups.